jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %

The Maker Jock

The Maker Jock - S.A. McAuley 3.75This novella had several things going for it. First, the characters are legit likable. Lately, when I find myself reading something in this genre, for whatever reason I'm only really attached to maybe one or two of the characters. That may or may not be the main characters lol. Anyhoo, yeah I really enjoyed all them in this. They felt very real, quirky, yet approachable. Second, I found this incredibly funny. Not in the tears rolling down your face, hold your sides kind of way, but consistently funny throughout which is always a pleasant way to spend an hour or so. Alex and Christian really fit together, and Micah stole my heart. Third, holy bejesus! I had never heard of Maker Faire before (what rock have I been under), and I thought it was awesome. Robots and Detroit? Yes, please. For those interested, there are Maker Faires in multiple locations and the inventions blew my mind. I'd say this is a lovely story that is light on the angst so if you find yourself in the mood for something quirky and easy, I'd suggest this. I tend to like things a little bit grittier and with a little bit more tension between the characters, so save this for a day after you've read something uber dark, depressing, etc hahah.I recently saw this author's WIPs, and I'm excited that they all seem different. I'm not going to lie though, Slash and Burn sounds aweessommmeee!!!!