jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %
Outtakes of A Walking Mistake - Anthony Paull This book started off amazing. Super funny, witty, charming, and sweet, and then randomly it started to drag on in places. I wish the writing had been tighter from the middle on. There were a lot of tough situations thrown into this book that I frankly didn't really see coming, and some felt a bit forced. However, they were real situations that happen to young adults. I'm just not sure all of them needed to be pushed into this book from the middle on. I have major problems when a book just pushes drama situation after drama situation in a book because it always pushes the line of drama for drama sake. Plus, there were quite a bit of typos that took me out of the story at times.However, I fell in love with Tyler. He makes no apologies for who he is and acccepts nothing but the best for himself. I wish others, including myself, could have his bravery at times. He's whiplash smart and deep down has the best heart. He has a troubled friend, but they both need each other so much. I'm a sucker for a "complete" ending, and the reader didn't really get that. Not sure if there is a plan for a sequel or not.Overall though, Tyler is an amazing character and there were numerous laugh out loud moments. Great read.