jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %
On the Trail to Moonlight Gulch - Shelter Somerset Somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4. My rating in no way reflects the quality of the writing or the story. In my opinion, the writing is great with fantastic attention to detail. Its very subtle in the romance department and very little sex. The sex that is there on page is hardly descriptive at all. Its a very, very slow build between the characters with more of a focus on plot than than romance. The plot follows a first love in Chicago, a relationship built by letters, a travel across the country, the greed for Gold, a murder trail, and much, much more. All of these factors are the central of the plot. For those that love a historical novel, I think you would really enjoy this. The only reason this is somewhere between a 3.5 and a 4 for me is that right now I'm mostly in the mood for funny/sarcastic writing or stories that have a lot of grit. That or super short gooey reads. As this novel doesn't really meet any of that criteria it fell just short of something fantastic for me. I will certainly though read something by this author in the future.