jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %
The Flesh Cartel #2: Auction - Rachel Haimowitz, Heidi Belleau This book moves the main characters into their cells, the cleaning and prep process, and then finally the auction. Can't say I loved it or even liked it. I didn't feel ripped apart or saddened by the injustices done to these characters, and I definitely should have been. Again I don't think the character development helped me grow attached to Dougie and Mat.Like my problem with these books is it's all cliches. It's foreign bad guys with maniacal laughing madames who of course are beautiful. The doctors are all prim, proper, and clinical. The body guards are all big massive rapists brutes. The younger brother is demure and beautiful. The older one is brash and harsh. Maybe I watch too much of the ID channel, have been watching horror films since I was little, and have always read a ton of horror and suspense novels. That being said, because of this, none of what happened felt like a fresh take on what this could have been.