jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %
The Magpie Lord - K.J. Charles Too many people have written fantastic reviews, but I shall give some quick thoughts.I CAN'T believe this is a debut novel. Where has this wonderful woman been all my life?! The author said the second book comes out in January and she has the third one in second draft!Anways, this book is FUN. Amazing banter between both of the main characters, as well as the secondary characters. Fun magic that reminded me of being excited by storylines like this as a kid, but it's definitely all adult in tone. Hilarious moments throughout the book that kept making me giggle. This book has PLOT. Lots of it. Warlocks, earls, witches, power struggles, class, and more.Raise the church hands for sexuality not really being an issue in this book. In fact, the issue was often remarked on in amusing ways ie. the butler Graham commenting on wet trousers. RIDICULOUS UST. These characters get interupted more times than I can count, but at least things kept moving story-wise each time it happened. But, yeah, dirty talk, arm pinning, desks, champagne hands, and a roguish smuggler. SIGN MY ASS UP!!!The magpie element was so awesome and it was interwoven continously throughout the story in interesting ways. From tattooes, woodwork, rings, to actual magpies.I CAN'T WAIT for the next book. I love Stephen and Crane so, so much. And Ami called it totally. BAMF!Merrick = ♥