jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %

The Gravedigger's Brawl

The Gravedigger's Brawl - Abigail Roux So, I"m struggling with how to rate this one. If I go by my actual enjoyment of this, I'd give it 1 star, but at the same time I can see why some people could like this so maybe a 2? Right now I'll go with 1. I"m in the minority, obviously, so maybe check out some reviews of people that like this sort of thing.The Positives I think the cover is absolutely gorgeous so props to Reese Dante. I really, really loved Noah and Caleb. I think the gruff but kind Caleb paired with the quick, caring Noah was a great pairing. If the book had been about them, I think my rating and enjoyment would have gone up considerably. I liked the setting of the bar and this small, close-nit group of friends. I liked the idea of the October ghost story. The execution? Not so much.The RestThat's where the positives end for me. I thought the ghost story was really weak. Now, in general, I don't find ghost stories/movies scary. Ever. This was the case with this book, as well. I wasn't scared once, and I find it all a bit tedious. I guessed maybe 30 pages in exactly how it would all play out, it did, I laughed at how bad it was, and then it was over.I thought the characterizations were nonexistent. I know nothing but surface things about Wyatt (one of the most boring characters ever created) and Ash. I do know that Ash has a shit-ton of tongue rings, wears suspenders, does flair at a bar and will fuck really boring men if he's in the mood. I have zero, zilch, nada idea why those two were attracted to each other so quickly and in lurve, let alone at all. If he was being honest with himself, he didn't know if it was Ash or if it was merely Ash's eccentricities that Wyatt found exciting.-- Yeah, me either, buddy.The fact that Ash changed his tongue ring to match his outfit and exuded an odd Victorian charm and held almost rock star status among the denizens of the night didn't mean that Ash was scary. All that, in fact, made him more intriguing. And on top of all that, Ash was interested in him.-- Uh, what? Do you see how this is what I have to go on for why Wyatt likes Ash? That is all surface things. I don't understand at all what these two like about each other other than tongue rings, clothes, and fancy drink twirling. And, again, I've stated on my opinion of Wyatt.I skimmed the sex scenes. Me...I skimmed the sex scenes, people.Overall, I just didn't like it at all. I have liked the Ty and Zane series by this author, and I even liked Caught Running. I just wish this had featured Noah and Caleb, worked on building more what these characters were about, and that I had found the plot entertaining.