jentay82

Jenn

I love books from all genres, but right now I'm on a mystery, contemporary, and YA kick.  I have two cats, Monkey and Peepers.

Breaking Saint Jude
Nikki Godwin
Provoked (Enlightenment)
Joanna Chambers
Fallocaust
Quil Carter
Meatworks
Jordan Castillo Price
Daron's Guitar Chronicles: Volume One (Daron's Guitar Chronicles, #1)
Cecilia Tan
A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin
Recovering from Life
Debra McKenna
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5)
J.R. Ward
Progress: 20 %
Something in the Way He Needs (Family) - Cardeno C

17%

Do authors even try anymore??

I am so fucking over every book I read having some bdsm element and in this one its even more tiresome than usual. Stereotypical looking and acting Dom who meets the Sub who is equally stereotypical.

For example, Dom is Captain in police force, against relationships, leather clubs, tightly wound, cock twitching and expanding, groaning OUT LOUD at dirty images of sub laid out in front of him, creepily following the other guy around, growling, getting jealous within minutes of meeting other guy.

On the other spectrum, Daniel (the sub)...oh mahhhh GAWD is so fucking annoying. Let's see: trips and falls on ppl at first mention in book, trips and trips and trips and trips (I fucking get it, author), drops his wallet twice, money flies out, he gets lost, he gulps A LOT (BC he's clumpsy and shy, get it?), he almost dies taking off his sweatshirt and falling off bus, he blushes A LOT, he's 33 but looks 21, no job, super flexible, doesn't have sex unless in relationship (says this within 2 min of meeting Dom), let's Dom grip his neck in controlling manner within minutes, doesn't want to break his no sex rule so he gets Dom naked and massages him (oh shut up).

Whhhhhhyyyy? Why am I reading versions of this bullshit every day.